Regulations under Adjusted Alert Level 1 direct that:
5. (1) A person must wear a cloth face mask or a homemade item that covers the nose and mouth when in a public place. or another appropriate item to cover the nose and mouth
(2) No person will be allowed to use any form of public transport, or enter a building, place or premises, if they do not wear a cloth face mask or a homemade item that covers the nose and mouth when in a public place, or another appropriate item to cover the nose and mouth.
(3) An employer must provide every employee who may come into direct contact with members of the public as part of their duties with a cloth face mask to cover his or her nose and mouth or a homemade item that covers the nose and mouth when in a public place. or another appropriate item to cover the nose and mouth.
(4) Every business premises, including, but not limited to a supermarket, shop, grocery store, retail store, wholesale produce market or pharmacy shall-
(a) determine their area of floor space in square metres;
(b) based on the information contemplated in paragraph (a), determine the number of customers and employees that may be inside the premises at any time with adequate space available;
(c) take steps to ensure that persons queuing inside or outside the premises are able to maintain a distance of one and a half metres from each other;
(d) provide hand sanitisers for use by the public and employees at the entrance to the premises; and
(e) assign, in writing, an employee or any other suitable person, as the compliance employee, who must ensure-
(i) compliance with the measures provided for in paragraphs (a) to (d); and
(ii) that all directions in respect of hygienic conditions and limitation of exposure to persons with COVID-19 are adhered to.
(5) All employers must adopt measures to promote physical distancing of employees, including-
(a) enabling employees to work from home or minimising the need for employees to be physically present at the workplace;
(b) the provision for adequate space;
(c) restrictions on face to face meetings;
(d) special measures for employees with known or disclosed health issues or comorbidities, or
with any condition which may place such employees at a higher risk of complications or death if they are infected with COVID-19;
(e) special measures for employees above the age of 60 who are at a higher risk of complications or death if they are infected with COVID-19.
(6) The requirements as set out in subregulation (4) applies with the necessary changes, to any other building that is not provided for by subregulation (4).
(7) All courier and delivery services shall provide for minimized personal contact during delivery.