What is the best way to treat cracked lips?
Modified on: Mon, 4 Sep, 2023 at 11:03 AM
- Use a lip balm containing petroleum jelly or beeswax – you can buy these at a pharmacy or supermarket.
- Try a few different lip balms if one is not working for you – some people may be sensitive to some fragrances, dyes or cosmetic ingredients.
- Wash your hands before applying lip balm.
- Use a lip balm with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or more every 2 hours when outdoors.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid becoming dehydrated.
- Do not pick or bite any flaky skin on your lips – this can slow down healing.
- Do not keep licking dry or cracked lips – this can make them sore.
- Do not share lip balms with other people – this can spread germs.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.