A cough will usually clear up on its own within two weeks.
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people if you have a high temperature or do not feel well enough to do your normal activities.
- ? Do a Covid test, if you have flu-like symptoms (runny nose, sore throat, fever, headache, tired, and cough)
See your clinic if:
- Your cough lasts over 2 weeks.
- You also have chest pain.
- You are losing weight for no reason
- You find it difficult to breathe
⚠️ See your clinic or a hospital urgently if you are coughing up blood.