● Take the condom out of the packet, careful not to tear it with jewellery or fingernails. Do not open the packet with your teeth.
● Place the condom over the tip of the erect penis.
● If there's a teat on the end of the condom, use your thumb and forefinger to squeeze the air out of it.
● Gently roll the condom down to the base of the penis.
● If the condom does not roll down, you may be holding it the wrong way around. If this happens, it may have sperm on it, so throw it away and try again with a new one.
● After sex, take out the penis while it's still erect – hold the condom on at the base of the penis while you do this.
● Remove the condom from the penis, careful not to spill semen.
● Throw the condom away in a bin, not down the toilet.
● Make sure your penis does not touch your partner's genital area again.
● If you have sex again, use a new condom.